Madison has a goal for all our students to graduate with the skills and abilities to be successful in college, career and community. This goal was developed with feedback from more than 2500 students, teachers and community members. You can see these skills above in what we call the MMSD Graduate Vision. Teachers support student development of Graduate Vision skills as part of the Academic and Career Planning process. MMSD is currently implementing Academic and Career Planning (ACP) in grades 6-12 to support all students in being College, Career, and Community Ready.
Through Academic and Career Planning students are beginning to answer these questions:
- Who am I?
- Where am I going?
- How will I get there?
- Who are we together?
As part of Academic and Career Planning, students will explore educational and career opportunities and reflect on their growth towards the graduate vision. This will happen in two different platforms. Students will be exploring educational and career opportunities through Xello, which is an online program that supports staff, students, and families to go deeper with students in supporting their path to college, career, and community readiness. In addition, each student will maintain an e-portfolio (Google Sites) to show evidence of their growth as a learner. This will be shared at student-led conferences in the fall (November 18th and 19th, 2019) and in the spring (February 13th and 14th, 2020).
At Toki, students are on their path to being College, Career, and Community Ready!
Experiential Learning Field Trips:
- All sixth grade students visit Madison College in the fall (EducationQuest)
- All 8th grade students will participate in ACP Day, which includes mock-interviews, guest speakers, and a resume workshop on January 31st, 2020. If you are interested in being a mock interviewer or guest speaker, please contact Ben Serwe (email@example.com or 608-204-4774)
- All seventh grade students will participate in a FutureQuest trip to the Alliant Energy Center on November 21st, 2019.
How do I support my student’s College, Career and Community Readiness
- Check out resources at MMSD's family resource page!
- Want to know what's happening in terms of Academic and Career Planning at each grade level? Check out this link.
How do I learn more?
Contact our ACP Coordinator, Ben Serwe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-204-4774